With a renewed enthusiasm for photography and local history, I set out this blog as a record of my experiences with images and narratives. It is my hope that you find something of interest on this site. Please feel free to contact me for more information on any of the posts. You can see a comprehensive list of my blogs at my website :- http://www.davidnurse.co.uk

1940's Bridgend

 Event Date: June 2019.  .


Bridgend


In the summer of 2019 my local town held a festival and the theme was "1940's"

The re-enactment day saw the town centre transported back to the 1940s, with shop and pub staff dressing up in clothes from the era and even taping up their windows as they would have done during wartime to prevent flying glass from bomb blasts.

This has been done in the past and there were hopes that it would continue, sadly due to the pandemic, not this year!

A good-humoured enjoyable weekend was had by all concerned.


Bridgend
Click on images for full screen view.
Bridgend

Bridgend


Bridgend

Bridgend


Footer:

I hope you enjoyed the images.
I also made a short YouTube video of these images and some extras not on here:-









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

Bridgend, United Kingdom
A renewed interest in photography and local history.

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers